Choosing a Wireless Router
If you would like a wireless network of computers, you might definitely want it to be protected by a wireless router.Some benefits of using a wireless router include:
- No wiring will be required, so it will avoid clutter. It can connect personal computers, printers, and scanners, without the use of any physical wiring.
- It is most ideal if you want to protect a set of laptops, notebook computers, and desktop computers.Some of the disadvantages that go along with using a wireless router include:
- The radio signal that wireless devices use (including wireless routers) can be intercepted by other individuals with the proper equipment.
- Wireless routers are not always equipped with a built-in firewall, so you might have to purchase a firewall in a separate manner.
- You might have to purchase some extra equipment in order to set up a wireless router.
Operating systems like Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Vista are already equipped with a built-in firewall, but older versions of Windows as well as other operating systems might require that you set up a firewall which is separate.
Setting up a firewall is highly recommended to any computer owner, especially to those who have very important data stored in their computers. Quite often, the question lies not on whether you need a firewall or not, but rather on which kind of firewall you should set up.
Find out more on how to protect your home computer from any harm. Click to Step Six - Is A File Encryption Program Required?